For my PANCAKE LOVERS!
I have been looking for a healthier alternative to replace those ever-delicious, classic buttermilk pancakes. You’re probably thinking, “Duh, just eat wheat pancakes”… Well, unfortunately, wheat pancakes leave me bloated (I think I’m allergic to gluten – I definitely need to get that checked out). During my research, I came across this recipe from simply-deliciousfood.com and I decided to try making these cute hotcakes for myself and, boy was it worth it! In less than 30 minutes (prep time and cook time combined) I was able to to indulge in some warm, healthy, delicious (and gluten-free) goodness! OMG, did I mention delicious?! And, even more, they were fulfilling without leaving that bloated or lethargic feeling. Follow this recipe and try them for yourself, I promise you’ll be hooked!
1/2 Cup Oats
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of salt.
To keep this as a healthy breakfast, use honey or organic maple syrup.
- In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
- Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well. Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry spoonfuls (1 level pot spoon = 1 pancake) of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice.